PHP Uber-style GeoTracking NEW v1.1
By : data_ninja Published on Monday, July 17, 2017,13:45:11 in PHP Scripts
WHATâS NEW IN VERSION 1.1?
By popular request, I added support to send SMS text invites
(email invites still included and still work). This feature does
require a paid Twilio account (unlike email which is FREE).
See installation instructions for setup details. Thanks to all for
the feedback and guidance! â Data Ninja (7/21/2017)
WHAT IS UBER-STYLE GEOTRACKER?
The Uber-Style Geotracker is a PHP/MySQL script that allows a group of smartphone owners to track each otherâs geolocations in near real time (default: every minute).
Â Â Â Â Â In my opinion Uber appâs user interface is what sets it apart
and is the key to uberâs success. It is real time, accurate, easy
to use and informative and what makes taking uber more attractive
than taking a cab. Customers knowing where the drivers are at any
time made the difference and redefined the for hire transporation.
Imagine being able to apply that to daily life with family, friends,
coworkers, employees, etc. Now you can! â Data Ninja (7/12/2017) Â Â Â Â Â
HOW IT WORKS
- Decide on the group of people you want to geotrack (âgeotrackeesâ) in a private geopmap and enter their emails and/or cell phone numbers in textarea on home page.
- Click on the invite button and an email or text message with a GeoTracking link will be sent to each geotrackeesâ smartphone.
- Each geotrackee will receive an email similar to above (or a text message with a link) . Each simply clicks on the link to start geotracking and closes browser or navigates to new web page, to stop.
- Keep browser with private geomap active to keep updating geolocation real time. (for continuous tracking, you may want to disable screensaver â see documentation âDisable Phoneâs Auto-lockâ)
- Close browser or navigate to a different web page to end geomapping.
- Re-click (reuse) geotracking link in email if you want to tracking to commence again.
Install this script on a LAMP or WAMP server or hosting service:
- IMPORTANT: This script runs off the root of your domain. You will need to set up a subdomain (e.g. https://subdomain.domain.com) if you need to install in a folder on your apache server.
- Compare your php/mysql server settings with https://geotracker.dataninja.biz/php/phpinfo.php
- REQUIRED: Your server needs to set up for HTTPS (SSL cert) for geolocation technologies to work
- Unzip contents of purchased zip file into the folder youâve designated for your domain or subdomain in step 1.
- Edit <your folder>/php/config.php and modify database settings and update mapbox access token key to your own â go to https://www.mapbox.com/help/how-access-tokens-work/ to generate your own.
- NOTE: If you need continuous tracking, go to documentation and review the âDisable Phoneâs Auto-lockâ section. You will need to prevent phone from âsleepingâ if you want continuous tracking. Also, see âAdjust Refresh Settingsâ to set refresh frequency (be sure you have a server/hosting account that can support the number of hits per day from this setting)
- NOTE: If you plan to use SMS text invite feature (not required, if email invitations are okay) you will need to sign up for a Twilio Account â put your account number and auth token on the top of /php/config.php file.
- Thatâs it!!! You should be good to go. Tanoshinde (Have fun!!!)
PRODUCT ROADMAP: click here â Product roadmap / feature requests
AUTHORâS NOTE ON SCRIPT: see blog post â Authorâs Note: Uber-style GeoTracker
FULL DOCUMENTATION: click here â Uber-style GeoTracker documentation
VERSION HISTORY â Uber-style GeoTracker v1.0
My Other Scripts at Codecanyon
Share This Product
Leave your Comment
You May Also Like
MultiNews - Ultimate All-In-One Ne...
SecMonit - Web security app
QQ Social Login Script
Online Car Rental / Trip Managemen...